14 February 2007

A romantic Valentines Day "Our Song" post for the not-wife



Madonna of the Wasps is the nearest thing that the not-wife and I have to an "our song". Not a bad choice given that she is almost as obsessive about RH as I am. Ajh well,. The sarcastic VD cards cards have been exchanged, there is chocolate for tonight (Life would not be worth living otherwise!) and there's Stargate Atlantis and Desperate Housewives on the telly tonight. Who says romance is dead? (come on - we've known each other over 25 years....)

While I'm at it here are a couple of the not-wife's favourite non-RH songs


Marc Almond - Days of Pearly Spencer


Barefoot - k d Lang

7 comments:

Always On Watch said...

We're at the end of a serious ice storm here. Even the airports are closed!

Celebration of this Valentine's Day will be this evening.

Chocolate is wonderful, but flowers aren't fattening. LOL.

Steve Bates said...

RH looks so... young! :)

"Chocolate is wonderful, but flowers aren't fattening." - aow2

aow2, I prefer Ogden Nash's assessment: "Candy is dandy / But liquor is quicker." Unfortunately for me, Stella rarely drinks, so she's getting her favorite chocolate truffles tonight. Somehow, I doubt she'll be disappointed!

jams o donnell said...

Jeez AOW that sounds pretty nasty. Whe can varely cope with a couple of inches of snow! A quiet evening is being had hare. I hope you have a pleasant day oh and chocs taste better... except in Rose and Violet creams!

Neither does the not-wife Steve! I will try pleading myself!

jams o donnell said...

Oh I should ahve mentioned Robyn was about 26 at the time. He was born in 1953, the appearance would probably have been in 1989

elasticwaistbandlady said...

They sell VD cards over there in jolly old England??!!!??? I'm imagining what they look like.

"I love you so much it burns. The Doctor said it's syphillis. Happy VD Honey!"

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I really, really, really wanted to play The Bad Touch on my blog for Valentines Day. The edited version, of course. But I thought it would terribly offend most of my Mormon women visitors. The song cracks me up though.

jams o donnell said...

LOL "honey this is not a chancre but simply the pustule of love".. A phrase that would have the not-wife part me from my nuts!

Ah the bad tough.. the not wife can do the dance the various french types to at the end of the vid.. All I need do is sing "you and me baby we aint nothing like mammals...!