03 May 2007

Music fans have been given the opportunity to choose the line of a song that they find the most grating. The worst pop lyric will be announced tomorrow by Marc Riley on his BBC 6 music radio show which begins at 7pm.

Apparently there is no place for Shakira and her unforgettable words: “Lucky that my breasts are small and humble, So you don’t confuse them with mountains.” Snap’s “I’m as serious as cancer when I say Rhythm is a Dancer” apparently is in the running.

I give thanks at this sort of time that Robyn Hitchcock is not famous. I’m not sure how lyrics such as “Even Marilyn Monroe was a man but this tends to get overlooked by our mother-fixated, overweight, sexist media” would go down ....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always hated that Snap lyric. So insulting, maybe I should vote!

jams o donnell said...

It's pretty crass by any standard, ALison