08 October 2007

Department S – My Coo CaChoo

Here’s a shameless plug for my mate Mike Herbage who was and. once again, is Department S guitarist. Today Department S released its of the first single in 25 years – a cover of the Alvin Stardust hit My Coo Cachoo. The choice of this song is fitting as Alvin Stardust was much loved by the original singer Vaughn Toulouse who died some years ago.

The song also features Terry Edwards (ex Higsons and a frequent collaborator with Robyn Hitchcock), Mark Bedford of Madness and and Michelle Brigandage. The song is available as an i-tunes download and a 7” ‘single.

No vids of Mr H and friends doing the song on You Tube so here's them doing Is Vic There? on Cheggers Plays Pop..


While I'm at it, here's a cover of Is Vic There by a Belgian (?) band the Pragmatics


3 comments:

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Coo Cachoo? Is he the walrus?

I like that Madness song 'Our House.' It still gets huge radio play here.

jams o donnell said...

walrus? Am I missing a reference? Madness were huge here back in the first half ogf the 80s. They were impossible to dislike...

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Yeah, John Lennon's "I am the walrus coo coo cachoo....."