03 January 2009

The wrath of Thor

A burglar leaped out of a first floor window after being disturbed by Thor. well maybe not Thor but Torvald Alexander was still wearing a red cape and the thunder god's silver-winged helmet and breastplate after a New Year's Eve fancy dress party when he discovered the man inhis home in Inverleith, Edinburgh.

Alexander frightened the intruder by charging at him. "He looked like he had had a few drinks and decided to do a late-night break-in, but he hadn't counted on the God of Thunder living here... I ran at him and he just jumped straight out of the window. I think I would be quite scared if someone looking almost like a gladiator ran at them.


Nothing was stolen but the intruder left behind his shoes and the garden fork he used to break in. A pitched roof outside the window broke his fall and he made his escape.

Somehow I don't think the burglar will be boasting about that job!

15 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

LOL!!!!!!!!! This is just toooo fabulous!!!!!!!!

James Higham said...

Good on you, Jams. That's what we need - a bit of real news like that. :)

jams o donnell said...

Haha Kay, James.. it's the sort of thing that does amuse!

CherryPie said...

LOL, maybe that will be his last job!

jams o donnell said...

I would think wice if I were him!

jmb said...

What a hoot. I love this story.

jams o donnell said...

It's wonderful eh?

JCB said...

How does a burgular leave behind his shoes? That is too funny. I can't imagine what prompted him to take his shoes off in the first place, maybe too polite to stain the rug?

jams o donnell said...

On the otehr hand the sight of Thor running at you may casue another stain on that rug!

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

Tee hee. Brilliant. I wonder what on earth went through the burglar's mind.

jams o donnell said...

A lot cleanerthan what probably went through his trousers I'll bet!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I bet Mr. Methane scares intruders off ALL the time.

I'd pay to see a Mr. Methane vs. Thor death match.

jams o donnell said...

No contest EWBL.. Mr Methane, hands down!

TorAa said...

This is Tor typing.
Too cold for burglaring or Thunder this evening.

I have my Hammer and two strong cats from the Manx breed.
So, potensial intruders, you are hereby Warned.

Great story

jams o donnell said...

Haha Tor, may you not have to smite any burglars tonight!