06 May 2009

Seven songs for spring

Last month Roland at But I am a Liberal tagged me for a meme that I did last year. I haven’t had a chance to sort out this post until now but here goes.


"List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to."

A lot of spring so far has involved me sitting or lying around in a big, heavy cast and suffering from a huge dose of cabin fever. The only thing stopping me climbing the walls was the bloody huge cast!

Ennui (or should that be downright boredom?) caused me to return to my first loves of music, the punk, new wave and heavy metal of my teens in the late 70s and early 80s (plus a bit of earlier stuff). I suppose it was a bit like comfort listening. Anyway, here goes:

1 Teenage Lobotomy – The Ramones

2. Motorhead - Bomber

3. Stranglers – Tank (plus Curfew)

From Revolver (remember that show?)

4. Iron Maiden – Sanctuary

Featuring original vocalist Paul Di’Annio

5. The Clash – Straight to Hell

6. David Bowie – Heroes

7. Peter Hammill – Nadir’s Big Chance



So there you have it. Nothing too out of the ordinary but I still love these artists. Rather than nominate seven more people I will leave it open to anyone who wants to give it a go.

4 comments:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Wow - what a great meme - I'm going to snag it in the not-too-distant future.

'Comfort listening' is a great way to put it. And your song list is great. 'Heroes' is my favorite from your picks.

jams o donnell said...

Feel free Julia!

jmb said...

Well usually I like to see what other people are listening to, but not this time Jams.

Only heard of one of them, good Bowie and yes I do like him a lot. The rest are not quite my cup of tea. :)

jams o donnell said...

Ah chacun a son gout!