10 February 2012

The chance of someone else using an expression

I have an expression which I use quite frequently but I had no idea that I seem to be the only person using it. When I am ever asked about the chance of something happening and I believe that the chances are very low I normally answer "Somewhere between fat and fuck all". Or I would emphasise a slim chance by saying "The chance of X happening is somewhere between fat and fuck all"

Quite direct I know but it makes a point!

The only occurrences of the phrase on the whole internet is on the Poor Mouth. Ah well

11 comments:

Francis Sedgemore said...

A linguistic pioneer!

jams o donnell said...

Aye thang yew!

Anonymous said...

It is a very nice phrase Jams, although on a pedantically technical point, should it not be "somewhere between fuck none and fuck all"?

Oh... Have I just invented my own one there? I prefer your one though.

Anonymous said...

Yes I know, but as you know there is somewhere between fat chance and fuck all chance of me missing an opportunity to say something foolish...

jams o donnell said...

Haha now that's true Andrew!

CherryPie said...

I must admit that is a new quote for me too!!

jams o donnell said...

Use it well Cherie!

A it looks like my variant is not in use anywhere else

susan said...

It's a good one but I think I'll stick with 'unlikely'.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Well, I happen to like it, what with having two F-words and rolling easily from one's tongue...

Syncopated Eyeball said...

Under such circumstances I would say 'fuck all' or 'fat chance' or, more likely: 'Buckley's'.

jams o donnell said...

Ah well Susan, horses for courses.

I like to think the alliteration helps it roll off the tongue a bit Snoopy!

Buckley's cahnce? Interesting. My maternal grannie was a Buckley!